So, the last several weeks we’ve walked through how to set up and run your child check-in stations for Vacation Bible School. With supposing you had a very successful week, it’s now time to follow up on all those visitors who attended!
How to find your visitors for follow up:
By using Roll Call as your child check in station, and by using the ADD VISITOR button to add new people to your database, Roll Call has been tracking their attendance and can give you a report of your first, second, third time (and so forth) visitors. To get this report:
1. Go to Attendance>Reports and click on VISITOR report. By default, on the right side under selected will be the association of visitor.
2. Keep the report at FIRST TIME VISITOR to find those visitors and make the appropriate week ending date selection. What this date means, is that it is looking back from the date you entered and finding any individuals who came for the first time since that date.
3. Press GENERATE.
Following up with a mailing:
1. From this FIRST TIME VISITOR REPORT you can select the WRITE LETTER on the left to write a personalized letter to each person in your list. When you select WRITE LETTER, you will have options on how to address your letter (to the entire family or the individual).
2. When you have your letter completed press PRINT MERGE to send your letters to the printer.
3. Next, you can also do this same query, press GENERATE and this time instead press the CREATE LABELS button. This will be mailing labels where you can use the Avery 5160/8160 style.
Following up with an email:
Or, if you’d rather save on stamps, email is a great and easy way to follow up with visitors. Before you begin, make sure you have your email set up in Roll Call (click here to learn how to do that), and also that each of your visitors has an email in their record. You will need to decide if you are going to send to the family email, personal email or both. To follow up with an email,
1. Do the same query as above, but this time, after you press GENERATE, select the EMAIL option. One option is to EMAIL the people in the list. Choose that one to begin writing up your email.
2. Press SEND when you’ve completed writing it up.
Following up with a text:
Roll Call has two ways to follow up with texts. One is through Roll Call, in which you must have email set up (for DIRECTOR) as well as a text carrier provider with each cell number you wish to send a text to. The other is through NEXMO, which is a text service that Roll Call works with that you can set up at a nominal cost. Click here to learn more about NEXMO. To send your texts, once you have one or the other set up…
1. You can go through the VISITOR report query (same as above), and click on GENERATE. Next, you will select the SAVE SET button on the right. Give the set a name and save it to your desktop.
2. Close this area of Roll Call, and go back to PEOPLE>SEARCH PROFILES. From here, go to the top of the page and select GET SET. Find the set of visitors that you saved. They will pull in when you select OPEN.
3. From here, select the TEXT icon in the upper left of the SEARCH PROFILES to begin writing up your text. Press OK to send.
Following up with a home or phone visit:
1. Print off visitation logs that can be filled out by going to People>Reports.
2. Select your criteria and generate your list of visitation logs.
3. If needed, go into their record and click on the web map on their record to check the address and location, if you plan on visiting in person.
4. When you are through with your home visits (or if you simply made a call), you can log this information quite simply in Roll Call. Go into People>Search Profiles. Click on VISITATION. Press the plus sign. Enter the information of who was visited, the caller, what type of visit and any details you wish to include in this visit. Press save and close.
5. To print a list of your visits, press the PRINT icon at the top of the VISITATION page. Or, if you want to see the details of what you included in your log, go to PEOPLE>REPORTS and select the VISITATION HISTORY REPORT. Select the criteria for your report and press GENERATE.
Now you can feel good about not only a successful week of VBS, but also your follow up with all the new visitors who attended!