I can hardly believe that 2015 is coming to a close. As we get closer to Christmas and year end processes, there are some things you will want to do in Roll Call to prepare.
Child Check In
Will you be checking kids into classes for your Christmas Eve services? If so, make sure that you have sessions (day and time) for Thursday and Friday. If you don’t have those set up … you won’t have anything for them to check into. To add a session to an existing class, go to the Groups Search page, double click on the Group to pull it up. Then click on the Sessions tab and use the plus sign to add a session.
Create Christmas and Christmas Eve Services
If you record worship attendance make sure that you create Services for you additional Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Services. Here’s a video that will walk you through creating a service in Roll Call. Once you’ve recorded attendance for these services, make sure to make them inactive until next year.
If you are taking a special offering at your Christmas services, make sure to create a Giving Fund in Roll Call to record that offering. Here’s a video on creating giving funds.
I imagine one of the most dreaded year end activities is creating the year-end tax statements. There are several things you can do to ensure that this process goes smoothly
- Make sure that your donor’s receipt preferences are set correctly. These preferences include whether or not they file individually or if they wish to receive their receipt by email.
- Make sure your donor’s marital status is correct. If the donor is married, their names will be combined on the receipt.
- If you will be emailing the receipts and you are on a Windows machine, make sure you have the correct PDF creator.
Does your church use envelope numbers to record contributions? Do they change in 2016? If those numbers change, you can set the new numbers up ahead of time. Make the new one’s active in 2016. To do this:
- Under the People menu, go to Bulk Changes
- Click on Envelopes
- Enter the new numbers in the NEXT Envelope column
- In 2016, go to the same area then click ASSIGN. Chose the bottom option (New Year – Move Next to Current)
Is your church conducting a pledge drive in 2016? If so, you’ll want to define that pledge campaign in Roll Call and enter the specific pledges. As the contributions starting coming in in 2016 … they will automatically be tied to the specific pledge. To create a pledge campaign, go the Pledge menu and choose Add a Campaign. To enter the specific pledges, click on the plus sign underneath the grid.
Hope these reminders help you get organized for the upcoming season.