It is time again to run year-end receipts. With great power comes great responsibility. If you run into any issues, here is a set of troubleshooting tips for delivering great results with Roll Call.
If the page size is incorrect or the orientation is landscape, there are some settings you will need to check.
- Make sure that your default printer is not set to a Dymo Labelwriter or the Brother 710/810w printers.
- When you are in Roll Call, confirm under File>Page Setup, that the Paper Size is set to Letter and that the Orientation is Portrait.
- If you are on a Mac or Windows 10, make sure that printer defaults are not set to “Last Printer Used”
Contributions not showing up
If you find that there are contributions that are not showing up for a donor, here are some things to check:
- Confirm that the designation/fund that they contributed to is not marked in the chart of accounts as “not on receipt”. This is located under Contributions>Giving Funds.
- Confirm that the contribution is dated within the date range specified for the receipts.
Not addressed properly
Contribution receipts show the name and address of the donor in the upper left. For singles, it addresses using first name and last name. For married couples, Roll Call combines giving and addresses to both husband and wife. If this does not happen, check the following:
- Make sure that the Optional Mailing Name is blank. Any value entered in the Optional Mailing Name will override our standard addressing. This is found underneath the address in the person’s profile.
- Make sure the marital status is set to Married for married couples.
- Confirm that “File Individually” is not marked in the Giving>Settings on a person’s profile.
Summary and Details section not lining up properly
If you find that the summary or detail sections are not aligned properly, I recommend that you check the “Top Text” section to confirm that you haven’t changed the alignment to Center or Right justified. This section is located under Contributions>Bulk Receipts. Navigate to Receipt Text tab. Finally, confirm the icon for left justified is set.
You click PRINT RECEIPTS but nothing prints
Once you set your criteria for the contribution receipts and click the PRINT RECEIPTS button, all of the receipts where the “email receipts” preference is not set, should be printed. If you find that no receipts are being printed, navigate to the View People tab. Are there people listed there? Is the Email Receipts box checked for everyone? If so, either uncheck each of those … or highlight everyone and then click PRINT RECEIPTS.
Letterhead isn’t printing properly
In the Print Options section, choose to print on Stationary and to Use Org Letterhead. If you’ve pasted your logo in the Org Letterhead section but the letterhead is not printing properly, confirm the following:
- Make sure that it was not pasted into the header section of the page.
- Make sure that when you paste the logo into the page, you choose the 1st option to paste pictures in Text Flow
The pledge amounts are not correct
If you include pledge information on the receipt, you may find that the pledge amounts are not what you expected. This can happen for a variety of reasons:
- The date of the contribution is outside the range for the specific pledge. To correct this issue, you can go into the contribution and manually assign the contribution to the pledge you want it to go towards
- The contribution was entered under the wifes name, but the pledge is in the husbands name. To correct this issue, you can run the “tie spouse to pledge” utility. This is found under the Administration menu at the top, Utilities, Tie Spouse to Pledge.
- The contribution was not connected to the pledge at all. If you find this has happened, run the Reconnect Pledges utility. This is found under the Administration>Utilities menu at the top.
Go forth and create year-end receipts
I hope these tips are helpful for you in printing your year-end receipts. And if you need additional assistance don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help!